Monday, January 20, 2014

What is "Cool" for Winter?

The weather certainly draws attention to "cool" in middle school.  Many "high thermostat" students seem to not need a coat, hat or mittens while standing and waiting for the bus or walking to and from school.   Here are a few of my coat conversations:  "I have a coat but I don't like it", "I lost it", "It makes me look fat" and finally..."It's in my backpack, I'm not cold".  The same goes for the hat and mitten chat. "My mom made me wear this".  I thought it might be helpful to see what is trending at LMS. While furry bomber hats and wool coats are what is trending in the wider world, middle school students like to be the same. This is what is trending at our school. Neons, knits, scarves and foot gear hopefully will keep our students warm. Even with the spring thaw.





No comments: